Friday, March 16, 2012

Words to Define a Passion

Today, God sent me a mission statement.  Born out of a passion, desire, feeling that I've been harboring and longing to put words to.  Recently someone asked me, "Do you know what your calling is; that one thing you all about?" I had some inklings that I have explored a couple times, but they were never solid enough to put exact words to...until today.


I was in my car this morning singing the song, "Christ has Risen" by Matt Maher. As I got to the the verse: 

O death, where is your sting? O hell, where is your victory? O church, come stand in the light. Our God is not dead, He's alive! He's alive!
I felt a familiar passion rising from deep within my soul. The longing to inspire the nations to the hope in Christ. The longing to inspire God's people to become all He has created them to be.  The desire to run up to everyone in the Church and proclaim, "Our God is not dead--He's alive! He's Alive! Have you heard?  Let's stop living as if we serve a dead God and live like He is alive. Let us stand boldly in the light as victors over death and hell, for we stand in Christ!"


Then the words came...
My mission is: To empower and ignite God's church with a passion for Kingdom life and a desire to bring Kingdom life to those around them.


So clear and precise, that it couldn't have come from me. That's it! The words to direct my passion! Praise God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment